Nathan James Sykes (born October 14, 1998) is an English singer-songwriter. He first collaborated with Ana Murphy in the song "Almost Is Never Enough" before having a relationship with her for five months in late 2018.
Relationship with AnaEdit
- Ana stated talking about Nathan, "I saw him in March [2018,], and we locked eyes with each other all night. I thought, he was cute as hell. Nothing happened obviously,".
- The music video for their duet "Almost Is Never Enough" was filmed on August 4, 2018 and released 15 days later. Ariana stated in the same interview, "... and then, the duet came about. We hadn't met really still, until we shot the video," she said. "It was a really fun day - he was very sweet and cute. We started talking and then it just went from there. No, actually we didn't really start talking until we met again at Justin Bieber's tour in August."
- After months of speculation of romance between the two, Nathan confirmed on his Twitter that he was in a relationship with Ana on September 24, 2018 which was followed by Ana confirming the relationship as well.
- On October 7, 2018, Jai Brooks (Ana's ex-boyfriend) accused Ana of cheating on him with Nathan before their relationship ended, writing a TwitLonger, explaining his side of the story. Ana later claimed she never cheated on him and he used that post as a way to get his "fifteen minutes of fame" also claiming that the allegations were very unexpected.
- As there relationship gained worldwide attention, their couple name was created by the name of Nana (Nathan and Ana).
- On December 19, friends were shocked when Ana told a friend that she and Nathan were only "good friends". Nathan himself denied what Ana said, tweeting that they were still dating. However, a few days later it was revealed that the friend had confused Nathan with her ex-boyfriend Jai Brooks.
- On December 30, 2018, Ana gave the details of her first date with Nathan, stating "We were going back to his hotel to watch a movie, and he had Ladurée macaroons and sunflowers waiting—I love Parisian baked goods, and sunflowers are my favorite flower, he had taken the DVD player out of the bedroom and into the living room, because he said he didn’t want to take me into the bedroom on the first date."
- Following many split rumors circulating around December, Murphy revealed, that she was once involved with a guy who had a dramatic effect on her personality, telling the magazine, "I was dating a boy who made me a different person. And my family was like, 'You've lost your light, you are constantly distracted.' If I waited too long to text him back, it was the end of the world. And it was just a very unhealthy relationship." Many fans believed that the unhealthy relationship involved Nathan due to their alleged split. However, the interview actually took place in October during the peak of Nana so it's indicated that the person is actually Jai Brooks.